STUDENT USE OF MOTOR VEHICLES
Students are permitted to park on school premises as a matter of privilege, not of right. The school retains the authority to conduct routine patrols of the student parking lots. While on school property the interior of a student’s automobile may be searched if the school authority has reasonable suspicion to believe that illegal, unauthorized or contraband items are contained inside.
Such patrols and inspections may be conducted without notice, without student consent and without a search warrant. Violation of established rules and regulations may result in suspension of a student's privileges regarding use of motor vehicles on school property.
Rules and regulations for driving to school
- A permit to bring a car to school must be issued from the SCA Sponsor.
- The SCA will handle student-parking sales. Seniors will be given first choice for spaces, then juniors, etc.
- Students must observe all driving rules while on school property.
- A student may not stay in or return to his/her car after it is once parked except after school or with special permission from the office.
- Students will not be permitted to drive to the SCTC unless their vehicle is needed for work or class demonstration or they have an after school job that requires they leave from that school. Under no circumstances are passengers permitted.
- Violators of driving and parking rules will be handled by the administration.
- Buses have priority at the end of the school day.
- The speed limit on school property is 5 M.P.H.
- Violations of established rules and regulations may result in suspension of a student’s privileges regarding use of motor vehicles on school property.
- Additional rules and regulations regarding student drivers and driving on campus must be adhered to in accordance with SCS policy.